CEO Georges Tijbosch presented on MiQ at the first of the Energy Community Secretariat’s Methane Mondays webinar series of 2022 on 7th February from 14:30 – 15:30 CET.
Following an introduction by Karolina Čegir, Senior Gas Expert at the Energy Community Secretariat, Georges provided an overview of:
- The scale of the challenge and the opportunity to reduce methane emissions in the natural gas industry.
- MiQ’s gas certification system, which allows natural gas to be credibly certified based on its methane emissions performance on a simple A-F scale. MiQ has developed a standard for upstream production, and has since developed standard for boosting and gathering, processing and LNG, with another standard for pipelines currently under development.
- The benefits of MiQ certification for gas operators and buyers, and our wider emissions targets.
- MiQ’s Certified Supply Chain, which allows the oil and gas industry to understand the emissions impact of gas across the entire supply chain.
- How the MiQ Standard is designed to complement government regulation, such as the EU Methane Strategy, and international climate commitments, like Global Methane Pledge.
The webinar concluded with a Q&A session.